Java Spring Framework
SourceForge started hosting Spring in January 2003 as an open-source community. It is ideal for Java Enterprise Edition. Spring is a complete and modular framework for developing enterprise applications in java. It is also known as an enterprise edition Java framework. Spring framework is flexible for all the layer implementations for a real-time application. Enterprises can also use the spring framework for the development of a particular layer of a real-time application.
Ruby is a dynamic, open-source programming language with a focus on simplicity and productivity. It provides an essential structure for web-based projects. Ruby on Rails is just for developing web applications with the minimum amount of extra dependencies. It is also known as a start-up-friendly development platform but lacks many quality attributes in software architecture design and hard to find recourse for development. Some of the best frameworks of Ruby are:
- Ruby on Rails
Java Spring framework is a comprehensive tool for supporting applications using Java programming language. Spring also called the framework of frameworks because it provides supports to a various framework such as:
Features Associated with Java Spring Framework
- Open Source
- Light Weight
- Then Spring created other libraries that freed companies from costly license fees to use over-weight web app servers like IBM Websphere.
- The framework of Frameworks (we can use a lot of frameworks within the spring framework)
- Avails Array of Resources
- Massive community
Why Spring Framework
Spring is one of the most widely used Java frameworks for building applications for the Java platform. It aims to simplify Java development and helps developers be more productive at work. Unlike other frameworks, Spring focuses on several areas of an application and provides a wide range of features. One of the significant features of the spring framework is the dependency injection. It helps to make things simpler by allowing us to develop loosely coupled applications. This framework simplifies the Java Enterprise Edition architecture by reducing the complexity of the enterprise project management by directly using the Java Enterprise Edition technologies.
Spring MVC is industrially adopted, and it is pretty robust. It provides the pattern and the structure for java enterprise applications. The main reasons for its popularity:
- Loose Coupling
- It solves difficulties of enterprise application development
- Easy integration of other frameworks
Why Choose Spring Framework Over Ruby for Enterprises Development
- Ruby on Rails framework is much better than the dot-net framework for web-based applications, but Ruby can’t handle the load of heavy websites such as Facebook.
- Its primary disadvantage is it is relatively slower in performance than Spring.
- Ruby is also not very scalable for enterprise needs.
- Ruby on Rails framework is not as popular as the Java Spring framework. Spring is on the cutting edge of web development.
- Lack of Documentation.
- Ruby is not relatively easy to use because it does not have as many plug-and-play existing modules.
- Twitter moved from the Rails framework to Java and Scala due to its less flexible features.
- Spring framework is lightweight as it does not involve start and stop activities associated with a container.
- Spring solves the difficulties of Enterprise Application Development
- Java Spring supports enterprise application development through POJOs because it does not need to import every enterprise container during development with POJOs.
- Spring is designed in such a way that it can easily integrate with other frameworks.
- Java Spring Transaction Management framework is very feasible, and it can be configured to use local transactions in small applications which can scale to a global transaction.
- Spring framework makes application testing easier because spring containers can use to develop and run test cases.
Companies Using Java Spring Framework
- Samba Tech
Companies Using Ruby on Rails
- Living Social
Author: SVCIT Editorial
Copyright Silicon Valley Cloud IT, LLC.