When it comes to managing Big Data, modern businesses have to face many complex challenges. They need a database with scalability, high-performance, easy-to-use Interface, and cost-effectiveness. Modern companies need to implement a database quickly to handle the large volumes of real-time stream data and run analytics and enterprise search operations on the same data as quickly as possible to make business decisions. DataStax Enterprise is a complete big data platform built on Apache Cassandra architecture. It can manage real-time data modeling, analytics, and enterprise search queries.
The DataStax Enterprise 2.0
DataStax allows corporations to focus on delivering an exceptional experience and value while benefiting from DataStax’s commitment to platform innovation. DataStax Enterprise is an always-on, distributed cloud database built onApache Cassandra and designed for the cloud.
It provides a consistent data management layer, which means users can use it anywhere they deploy their application. The application cloud will be on the public cloud. It could be on a prem, on hybrid cloud deployment, or multi-cloud, but that does not matter with DataStax enterprise. It provides a consistent layer for these scenarios. With DataStax, enterprise users don’t need to worry about re-architecting their application data layer again and again while moving from one infrastructure to another.
DataStax enterprise has three key features such as:
- DataStax Enterprise Database Server
- OpsCenter Enterprise Management Solution
- Expert Production Support & Consultative Services
DataStax Enterprise Server
DataStax Enterprise Server inherits all the enterprise-class features of Apache Cassandra.
- Big Data scalability
- Fast / Linear Performance
- Elastic Scalability
- No single point of failure
- Enterprise / multi-data center / cloud data distribution
- Location independence – read and write anywhere
- Dynamic / Flexibility schema
- Tunable data consistency (per operation)
- Data compression
- Familiar SQL Like language
- Easy setup
- No special hardware needed
- No particular caching layer needed
- DataStax Enterprise provides innovative built-in workload Isolation.
No need for manual ETL work
- Data written to any node will automatically and transparently copy to all other nodes.
- Mixed workload management is automatic; real-time, analytic, and search workloads/nodes do not compete for computing or data resources with other nodes.
Easy Workload Re-provisioning
- Real-time (Cassandra) and analytic (Hadoop) nodes can be easily re-provisioned by stopping/starting nodes in a different mode.
- Allows admins to adjust the performance and capacity for various workloads easily.
Multi-Data Center and Cloud Capable
- DSE provides built-in capabilities to maintain the same database cluster between many different data centers.
- Able to easily do on-premise data centers and cloud use case models.
DataStax Advantages for Enterprises
The limits of Apache Cassandra will not constrain DataStax Enterprise (DSE). The DSE roadmap provides the value-added capabilities needed by our customers. Differentiation will continue to increase in areas of performance, ease-of-use, and breath of platform.
DataStax will continue to provide across the broad development, training, documentation, services & support to deliver success for our customers.
DSE will continue to provide comprehensive testing, hotfixes for production issues, backward compatibility, etc., for the enterprise.
Our customers will continue to drive growth in distributed scale requirements, responsiveness, hybrid environments, end-to-end security, and operations management.
DataStax Managed Cloud
A Fully Managed, Secure Architecture
- DSE on AWS with managed provisioning and scaling by DataStax.
- It provides 24x7x365 coverage and Light-Out Management.
- DSE also provides System Configuration and tuning to meet customer-specific requirements.
- Architecture adversity services, Guidance, and best practices
DSE also supports mixed workloads, so it offers database, analytics, search, graph, management monitoring, development tooling, etc. So, it’s a unified platform with a solution that provides all these solutions together in one package.
DSE also supports multiple data models such as Tabular, key-value, JSON, and graph.
DSE provides enterprise-grade security, including identity management, unidentified authentication, operation, data encryption, data auditing, etc.
Author: SVCIT Editorial
Copyright Silicon Valley Cloud IT, LLC.